Benefits of Choosing a Catamaran Over a Monohull
There are several benefits of choosing a catamaran:
- Catamarans rarely heel more than 5 degrees - offshore cruise is less tiring, drink and food do not fall off the table and there is less chance of getting seasick.
- They sail windward as much as 25% faster, while off the wind it can go 75% to 100% faster than a monohull.
- They have a shallow draft - there are more anchoring possibilities.
- Catamarans have large, wide deck areas perfect for sunbathing.
- Catamarans are spacious and offer more privacy.
- Modern catamarans need no ballast and you cannot overcrowd them.